Saturday, October 2, 2010

11 Months


Dear Peyton,
I find myself loving you more and more each day. You sure have found a special place in my heart. You are starting to become more and more girly as you have discovered dolls, purses, bracelets, phones, and dancing. Oh the dancing.....it is one of your favorite things to do. Anytime there is any sort of music, whether it's a commercial, music in the grocery store, my own humming, or Motab during conference, you bust out your moves! There's never a dull moment when music is on. I was humming to you tonight as I was rocking you to sleep and you started to wiggle your head and your shoulders as if you were moving to the soft tune. I had to try so hard no to laugh. I had to stop humming and we just had to listen to your noise maker instead. Dancing makes you so happy.

You are so close to walking but haven't quite taken off yet. You have taken steps here and there, mostly when dad and I bribe you with food, but are still a little timid. You will, however, stand anywhere on your own. You are so proud of that.
You love to walk along the couch and pull all the pillows off. Then you bury your face into the pillow and roll around on it.
You love to put anything with a strap on your arm and wear it like a purse. I will often find you with dad or my flip flop strung across your arm. Oh and you LOVE eating shoes. It's so gross but you will sit and lick the bottom of our shoes. You always get upset with me when I take them away from you. Someday you will thank me :)
You are such a helper when it comes to laundry. You love to put the clothes, along with toys, in and out of the dryer.



You love to stick your tongue out at yourself in the mirror after your bath. It's funny to see all 3 of us standing in the bathroom with our tongues out. You even say ahhhhh as you are doing it.

You are the cutest with dolls. You will snuggle them under your little chin and bury your face into their hair. The other day I let you play with one of my cabbage patch dolls from when I was little and you snuggled her and then started rocking back and forth while holding her. You are going to make such a great mommy! Dad and I have decided to buy you your very first baby doll for your birthday next month. I'm so excited!
You have become very clingy lately and like to be held all the time. It get's frustrating at times, and others I love it. You and I were sitting on the couch and you stood up right next to me and wrapped your little arms around my arm and rested your head on my shoulder. You were giving me a hug! It was so precious! I didn't want you to stop. I kept leaning my shoulder back into you and you would do it again and again.....*sigh.
Nana and Papa brought you home a mickey mouse sucker from Disneyland. Your first sucker ever. We stripped you down to your diaper and let you have at it. You went to town on it. Sucking it like you suck your own bottle.

This month you had your first bout of sickness other than the frequent stuffy nose. You woke up at 12:30am and cried almost constantly until about 3:30am. You threw up a ton and were super squirmy. I could tell your tummy was hurting. I called the DR only to find out that there really wasn't anything I could give you. It killed me to watch you suffer! Dad and I decided to stick you in the car and go for a drive. Finally, that did the trick. You were quiet the moment we stuck you in your seat. Promise me you will never get sick again ;)
I love you baby girl! Next post, your birthday!!!!!!! Lots of exciting stuff gets to happen when you turn one. I can't wait!

Love you!
Mom

2 comments:

We Rock Well said...

I love her so big smile - it's contagious! It's so fun to see her with baby dolls and purses, I'm so excited you guys are giving her a baby doll of her very own - she'll carry it with her everywhere! Birthday party here we come!! :)

Karilyn Carreon said...

I just love hearing about her and I love her dance moves! I can not wait to see her soon when I come to visit SLC!! You are such an awesome Mom!