Dear Peyt,
We went to your 4 month check up and you now weigh 12lbs 10oz and are just over 25 inches long. You are still in the 90th percentile for height but are now down to the 30th percentile in weight. You are a tall and skinny girl. I get excited for each of those doctor visits to find out how much you have grown, but dread them at the same time because with those visits comes 3 pokes that just break my heart.
You are now able to sit in your Bumbo for quite awhile but we haven't conquered sitting in there without spitting up. By the time I get you out of it you are completely soaked.
You love your little textured balls that dad and I got you for christmas and have figured out how to hold them with both hands. They do tend to frustrate you as you can't get them in your mouth for a good slobbery chew like you can your bink.
You are always playing with your binki. Pulling it in and out of your mouth. Sometimes even waking yourself up because somehow that little hand sneaks up to your mouth and your little chubby fingers pull it right out.
You have become very vocal within the past few weeks. You are starting to discover how loud and high pitched your voice can be. Dad and I just admire you and laugh.
Since birth your hair has grown into a mohawk and nothing will keep it down. I've already had to trim the top but we won't count that as your first haircut. Your hair makes me smile.
With 4 months came the intro to rice cereal and formula. Nursing didn't come easy for either of us and after sticking it for 4 months, I finally decided we were done. At first you hated the taste of formula and I was so worried as to what I was going to do. But after about a day and a half of mixing formula with breastmilk and slowly increasing the concentration of formula you are now a full force formula baby. I LOVE IT! I think both you and I are much more happy now. Who says you can't still bond with a bottle? You still have yet to like rice cereal but have only had it twice. You seemed very confused with the concept of a spoon going in your mouth and would stick your tongue out and spit everything out. Maybe you aren't quite ready for that. We will give it another week or so and just keep trying.
Bathtime is getting more and more fun as you tend to get more smiley and splashy each time you get in. You have started to wiggle on the floor with your body moving like a snake. It's so funny! You are getting so close to rolling over, but still have not done it from your back to your front.
You hate the nasal aspirator as it has become part of your morning routine. Those dang boogs just make you so stuffed up. Hopefully that will come to an end as spring is around the corner. You are very timid and get frightened so easily. I have started calling you my scaredy cat, something I'm hoping you will semi grow out of as you are more aquainted with your surroundings.
We love you Peyt, Peyton mouse, Missy Moo, Snuffalufagus
xoxo,
Mom
3 comments:
She is so cute Court! I'm jealous! :) We need to get together! It's been forever!
All the pics are so adorable! She is very very cute!!
I love this post. It is the best. EVER. And they will only get better, I'm certain. Although I'm so grateful to know Peyton, I wish you guys and your little angel were in my life even more. I would love to get to see her more.
Post a Comment