
Almost every night since Peyton was born, the strangest thing happens to me. We've had her in her crib for a couple months now and use the monitor so I can hear her when she wakes up to eat. As soon as I hear crying, I wake up and start frantically searching in the sheets. For some reason I always think she is lost in the sheets and I need to find her and uncover her! I think it started once I started having her nap with me in my bed in the morning. One night she was crying and crying and Joe was like "what are you doing?" I was digging around in the sheets and told him I was trying to uncover her face. He was so frustrated because he was so tired and was like "She's not in here!" It took me a second to realize that the crying was not coming from the bed but only from the monitor. This has even happened after I have fed her and put her safely back in her bed. As I am walking back into my room to climb back in bed I start searching for her under the covers so I don't smash her when I get in. Then I'm like Duh! You just put her back in her bed! Clearly I cannot fully wake up for these nightly feedings. Does anyone know how to solve my reoccurring nightmare? It happened twice last night. I find myself trying to be more sneaky as I am looking in the covers like I know Joe is going to wake up and yell "She's not in here!" It's by far the strangest thing.
6 comments:
She is sooooo sweet! I can't believe how big she is and that I haven't even seen her yet! ;0( I have nightmares like that too... well not exactly but weird and worried about my kiddos... Just part of being a mom I guess. Let's do games sometime soon!
Wow, that is hilarious. You've always been serious business about your sleep. Maybe consider turning the monitor off? Kinda scary, I know. I can't wait to play with her play in June! Oh gosh she is so cute! eeee!
Maybe you should try some of that self-talk stuff. This is gonna sound so cheesy but I'm just trying to help. Maybe lay that cutest baby ever into her crib and tell yourself all they way back to your bed that "she is okay, she is safe in her own bed....she is okay, she is safe in her own bed". I dunno?? Worth a try maybe??
That is the craziest thing! But I so could see myself doing that too!!! I have real-feeling nightmares ALL the time it is so awful. So I definitely can't give any advice since I can't stop my own issues. But Amy's advice sounds good, remind yourself over and over that she is in her bed and aloud so you remember it better.
I'm so glad you posted this, now I feel normal.LOL! I'm constantly diving out of bed, landing on my face, and waking up Riley because I'm dreaming that the baby is falling off the bed. It's happened way to many times to count. She's a little doll!
Oh man! this makes me laugh so hard! I guess it's normal, because you're so sleep deprived, and half asleep anyway, you don't know what you're doing! I remmeber those nights! All I can think of is, How in the world us Women survive raising children?!
Post a Comment