Thursday, June 4, 2009

Seriously? 5 years!

Today marks our 5 year anniversary! It's so nuts how time flies. Yesterday I was thinking about the day before our wedding. How exciting everything was and that last night of no sleep lying awake thinking about the big day that lies ahead. And here we are 5 years later still very happy and with a baby on the way. I thought it would be fun to post a pic of the big wedding day but then remembered I only have film photos. We hadn't made it to the digital days back then :) So you can refer to the picture in my header on the shelf. Anyway, just thought I would post some of the things that I have grown to love about Joe during these past 5 years!

1. He is so adorable with kids. Especially with our nieces and nephews. He is seriously going to make the best dad ever! I can't wait!

2. He has all these little quirky habits that I will refrain from sharing. Oh how I would love to tell. But I will save him the embarrassment.

3. Since it's summer I got on this craze of buying strappy sandals. Little did I know they would be such a challenge with a belly in the way. Joe is so sweet to buckle and unbuckle them for me no matter how many buckles there are.

4. He sings really loud at home or in the car and keeps doing it until I say something or crack a smile. I pretend like it doesn't bother me and hold out as long as I can.

5. Even though I act embarrassed, he sings to the music on the speaker when we are shopping. Somehow he seems to know every single song on the radio. It amazes me.

6. He will cook, do laundry, and clean the house even when I am being lazy and sitting on the couch.

7. When he is really irritated he puts up with me asking a stupid question just to get a rise out of him. I love to hear him say "Are you kidding me?!" I just laugh.

8. He lets me pester him (to a certain extent) while watching sports. I know you love it Joe!

9. He will let me drag him along to all the same home decor stores to see all the same stuff. I don't know how much longer that will last though. He's started being resistant to Tai Pan.

10. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I can make him laugh to the point of tears. This usually requires a little fingers in the armpits to do the trick.

I could go on and on. There are so many things I love about this man! Thanks for 5 great years Joe! I look forward to the many more to come. I love you!

P.S. Thanks Mom and Dad for sharing your anniversary with us! Hope you have a good one as well!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Yay!! Happy five year, it's so crazy how it flies!! I don't know what it is about the 5th year, but I think all men stop gritting and bearing trips to Tai Pan :( I don't even bother to ask Riley to go anymore. So if you need a Tai Pan buddy, just call!! :)

Emily said...

what a cute post! I'm so glad that you and Joe are so happy and take good care of each other- even though he does have those quirks. Thanks for loving him and thanks for being a part of our family for these 5+ years!

We Rock Well said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Such fun to hear you say those things about my brother, thanks for loving him so much!!

The Dimond's You Love said...

Hahaha I loved this post. Joe is a pretty awesome guy. And even though I only get to claim him as half a brother, he's always been the best brother I could've ever wished for. He has always made me laugh really hard and I deeply admire his characteristics and strength as a man living in quite a trying world. I love you guys, hope you had a great day.