Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Magical Pill


Amongst all of the bad things that have been going on lately, there was actually one really good thing.....actually one really GREAT thing that we have been keeping a secret from you all. We have been so blessed to have a baby join our little home on October 25th. Yep I'm pregnant! It's about time! After having no success for over a year, my Doctor decided it was time to put me on Clomid. It was a pill I took for only 5 days and viola! It worked! We couldn't be happier. We met with the Doctor for our first visit on Friday and got to hear it's little heartbeat. It took awhile to find the little grape of a baby, and after getting excited over hearing my own heartbeat (I heard a heartbeat and got excited. I didn't know) we finally found it! Such an amazing thing. I could sit and listen to it all day. So little, so fast, and so perfect. So it's official. There really is one in there! Sorry to those of you that I may have told a little fib too, but we just wanted to wait until everything was confirmed. Surprisingly I feel great! I have been so lucky to not be hit with morning sickness which has made this experience even more enjoyable. The only time I start to fill a little sick is when I get really hungry but once I eat I am good to go. Now we are just hoping the sickness isn't looming around the corner. We'll keep our fingers crossed. I can get used to eating all the time. Who doesn't love to eat? The hardest part has been trying to train myself to sleep on my side (I am a back sleeper) and also giving up sea food. But it's all worth it for this itty bitty baby growing inside me! It still seems so unreal. We couldn't be happier. Hurray for Clomid!!!

21 comments:

Salty Gal said...

YAY!!!! This brings a smile to my face, I'm so excited for you :)

So how far along are you right now?

WHOOOOO HOOOOO :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness sakes. I am so excited for you guys. I wish I would have known when I saw Joe today and talked to him on the phone. Congrats to you both!

You will love being parents. It is the most wonderful thing in the world you will both be great at it!

Again congrats!

*I am burning orange dreamsicle right now and it smells yummy. It makes us both want to have one! :)

Ang Ballard said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you! I should warn you that it took us a year to get pregnant with Braden and then (surprise!) when he was 6 months old I was prego again. My doctor told us the first time was the hardest but seriously... ;0). You will be awesome parents and we can't wait to meet your special little one!

Chantel said...

Woot woot!! Can't wait to find out what it is... and see your belly!!

Unknown said...

Hooray!!! I saw your facebook and when I was pulling up your blog I kept saying to myself, "Courtney's pregnant, Courtney's pregnant". I am so extremely happy for you guys, congratulations!!!!

Unknown said...

ps, you're going to have to change the title of your blog soon!

Merrells said...

I'm so excited for you! It's frustrating to be waiting when you want one. #2 was a long time coming for us. Congratulations! So how far are you?

Brittney said...

That is such awesome news!!! Congratulations!!!

Sharon and John said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are so excited for you both. I hope you don't get the dreaded morning sickness, yuck! Good luck, I hope everything continues to go well. You guys are going to be such good parents.

Britney said...

Hip Hip HURRAY!! I get so excited every time I see you. I'm so happy it's finally happened. Can't wait to see what it is and what it's sweet little face looks like when it's born. That was the most exciting and surreal part for me. SO FUN!! Keep up the good work on cookin the little one. Love you guys!

Jenn said...

Yay Courtney!! That's so exciting! I'm happy for you guys :) (Amanda sent me your blog once and I follow sometimes haha.) Congrats again!!

Tanya said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!!! I'm glad the clomid worked for you! I was on it for several months and ended up having to do insemination both times. So, I am very happy for you! Good luck with the pregnancy!!

Kristin Anderson said...

Congrats you guys! that is SOOOO exciting! You are a good secret keeper... all that time at the family party and nothin...

Cassie said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!I'm so excited our lil babies will be so close in age!! Can you say PLAY DATES!! So your due in Oct?.....wait a min, ..Were you pregnant when we went to lunch?? And if so, how did Rio not make you sicker than sick? That's great that you feel so good..jealous! Congrat's again, I'm so excited!!

Derek Cullimore said...

Great news! Congrats, you guys will make amazing parents for the little baby! Congrats again!!!

The Dimond's You Love said...

I just keep remembering when I walked in the door to my dad's house to see the cutest tiniest baby shoes sitting there and of course I thought, 'who's are these!?' but right when I looked up and saw you I just had the most wonderful feeling overcome me! I was so unbelievable happy for you two. It's been a long time coming, but that's just been giving you more time to prepare financially for the cutest baby ever to come! I'm still so happy and excited for you two. Love you guys.

Brent said...

Congratulations!!!!

Kara said...

Awesome! that is so exciting! you are so lucking with not being sick! So how far along are you? Do you know what you are having? It is the most amazing thing ever, to hear the heartbeat for the first time! Dang it! just talking about it makes me want to have another one! I'm not ready yet, but maybe in a couple yrs. :)Good luck

Evans Family said...

Wow! That is wonderful news! Can't wait to find out what it is!

Karilyn Carreon said...

you were over for like 4 hours last night and not to mention I saw you and your hubby today and had noooooo clue you are prego!!! How exciting! really i'm jealous!

Scottie and Angie said...

Oh my goodness Congrats!!! I didn't know you were trying and I am so happy to hear that things have worked out!!! What a miracle, I am so so so excited for you!!!So happy for you,
Love,
Angie and Scottie