Monday, October 27, 2008

Moab


I guess you could say I have been dragging my feet on posting this one. I am overwhelmed by the number of pictures we took that I don't even know where to begin. But I will do my best. Over UEA weekend we went with Kurt & Alanna and some of Joe's family to Moab for the weekend. I am not the biggest fan of camping so wasn't really excited to go, but we ended up having a lot more fun than I thought. The weather was awesome in the day. It was exciting to break out the shorts for a few more days, but the nights were freezing!



We spent a ton of time at Arches National Park doing all the different trails and hikes there. The rock formations are incredible!

Delicate Arch was by far the hardest hike I have done in a long time, but totally well worth it. It's crazy how small the arch looks until you actually get right up to it!



The Helm Family



I can almost fit my hands around it!

Joe feedin the birds again. J/k it's not real. But it sure looks like it!

Learning all about the alive crust. Interesting stuff.







The times that we weren't in the dirt, we were playing games at the camp ground, shopping on main street, or the boys were crowded around the tv watching football. (Yes Kurt insisted that we bring our tv since the campground had cable hook ups. He was not about to miss the BYU game) but in the end they got wasted anyway. Sorry Kurt!

Checkin out some of the fabulous merchandise




The campground had full hook ups, bathrooms, showers, lots of trees and grass. Now that's my kind of camping!

Thanks Dave and Emily for the invite, we had a blast! We definitely need to make this a yearly trip.

3 comments:

Ang Ballard said...

Awesome! How come we weren't invited? J/k- I guess the whole bishopric can't take off all at the same time;0). The only problem is that that was supposed to be our game night! Love the pics!- Oh, I did tell my mom about you and scentsy- she'll probably be calling you;0).

Chantel said...

Oh your Moab trip is above and beyond better than the trip Carl and I took when we were first married. I'd camp out with your crowd anytime!

Salty Gal said...

you don't like to camp?! whats wrong with you? I love the pics, and glad you did something you don't like :)