Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend

We spent Memorial weekend camping at Jordanelle with Laurie and Art and all of Joe's siblings. I don't think I ever remember it being as cold as it was on memorial weekend. I spent almost the entire trip in my coat! Memorial weekend is when you are supposed to bust out the shorts and spend the day in the pool. But not this year! Aside from the yucky weather, we did have a good time. We spent a lot of time in trailers playing games, roasting s'mores, and drinking hot chocolate.


Amy, Emily, Candace, Me


Roasting marshmallows


Cooper and Amy


Joe and I at Jordanelle's nature center


tasty cookies__________Cute Jackie



Kids being kids

Sunday night we had the best weather of the trip. I was able to set aside the coat and be content in a hoodie. We BBQ'd steak and had a delicious dinner, and then had a birthday party to celebrate mine, Amy's and Kodie's birthdays. We had so much fun opening gifts, watching the kids dance, and eating Art's famous dutch oven cobbler for desert! Once all the kids were put to bed, we spent the evening playing a good game of battle of the sexes! The girls pulled through in the end and won the game! It was such a fun time! The good thing is the rain held out until monday morning, just in time for us to leave. Joe and I got home, unpacked all our stuff, and then hit the memorial day sales to see if we could score a good deal on a mattress. And we did! We are so excited! We should be getting it sometime later this week. We then spent the rest of the day shopping at the mall and then I finished the night out on the couch glued to the tv for The Bachelorette! Gotta love that show! Even though the weather somewhat put a damper on the trip, we were still able to find things to do and enjoy one another's company. Thank you Laurie for making it all happen!


May birthday girls


I got such great gifts!


Kodie was so excited to get a Hannah Montana barbie!


The girls doing the Toodie Tah dance. So funny!!!!

2 comments:

nana said...

Got a new mattress, huh? I thought we had a "if you find a good deal, let me know" pact. sounds like you guys had some good family times in spite of the cold. Way to brave the weather!!

Britney said...

I love your pics! Looks like you did have a lot of fun...even though the weather was AWFUL! Let's hope it's better next year :) By the way, I'm dying to play games with you guys again! Lemme know when it happens again?