Monday, May 5, 2008

Graduation Day

After a lot of time and hard work, Joe graduated from the University of Utah on friday! It's crazy to think that he is done. No more school! Wahoo! We both took the day off of work and decided to do some shopping at the outlet stores in Park City. I usually am not a fan of the stores there, but Joe loves the Nike store, so we decided to go. We both ended up finding great deals and got some really great stuff! I love shopping! :) Then we met Joe's family at Red Lobster for dinner. We had a good time eating and visiting with each other. Then it was straight to graduation.







We arrived at the John Huntsman center and met up with my family. We took some pictures and then found our seats inside the arena. Out of all the graduates, there were only 2 rows of students graduating with a Geography degree. I was very surprised. Hopefully that puts odds in our favor of Joe finding a great job! :)







They called all the names one by one and the graduates filed down to the floor to receive their diploma. After about an hour and a half it was Joe's turn. We all cheered for him as he received his diploma and got his picture taken and then filed out of the arena to congratulate him! What an exciting night! We are all so proud of you Joe!













After we all got our pictures taken with the graduate, we decided to end the celebration with some ice cream from Letherby's. It ended up being the worst experience I have ever had at Letherby's. We went to the location down town and lets just say they were way to crowded and understaffed. After about 45 minutes from ordering at our table, we finally received our somewhat melted ice cream. Even some of the orders weren't quite what we had ordered. But we ate our desert anyway and then headed home. Joe and I stopped by Kurt and Alanna's house to catch the end of the jazz game and then didn't end up going home until about 2:00am. Talk about a busy day. We had such a good time! Joe is excited to be done, but says it won't seem that weird that he is done until fall rolls around when he doesn't have to enroll. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!! Congrats again Joe! I love you!

6 comments:

Britney said...

How exciting! Congrats again Joe!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe! How fun that you went to the outlets and Red Lobster. Both my favorites. Hope you guys are doing great!

nana said...

Congratulations again Joe! Congrats to you too Court, you deserve some of that diploma for your support and sacrifice. What a good wife to a good husband.

Salty Gal said...

That is awesome! I wish I was done with school, what an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! No more teachers, no more books! Hurray!!

Carl said...

congrats to both of you. That is awesome. I'm jealous your going to mexico. That will be soo fun... in the sun!