She's finally here! Peyton was born on October 26th at 6:27PM weighing 7lbs 14oz and 21.5 inches long. Isn't she gorgeous?! (yes, her pants are huge!)
My water broke around 7:45 that morning, so Joe and I rushed to the hospital. Can I just say, that I had no idea there would be so much water! It was nuts! We got checked in and they tested to make sure that my water had actually broken, and sure enough it had! I wasn't going home!
I was able to get an epidural at anytime and so I got one as soon as possible. I had already withstood a few contractions and that was enough for me. The morning passed on and hour by hour I progressed a little bit more. About 1 centimeter per hour. It was a very long day for Joe. Not to mention I was dying of thirst! I was put on oxygen because the baby's movement had slowed way down. That dumb mask was so annoying. I had to wear it the entire time. I guess it ended up being good though because I didn't have time to brush my teeth that morning so it masked the morning breath :)
Then it was time to push. Peyton was turned face up rather than face down which caused a lot of trouble for her to pass my hip bones. Things were getting a little scary and the Doctor decided he needed to get her out and use a vacuum to help guide her out. And finally she came! Such an emotional moment. So many mixed emotions all at once. She was perfect! She was pretty limp and only made a small peep so I was so nervous. They wisked her over to another table to check her out and then took her up to the NICU. It was the scariest thing ever. Not being able to see what was going on and if she was ok. They held her up to show me her and then took her. That was probably the hardest part, not being able to hold her. Luckily she came back in about an hour with great results and I got to hold her.
I have never been more tired in my life. I had lost a lot of blood and had to have a transfusion later that night.
Our first family photo
We all have had a pretty rough few days as Joe has been very sick, me trying to recover, and Peyton adjusting to everyday life. But we are starting to get the hang of things. I think mine and Joe's relationship has sky rocketed as we experienced this amazing life changing event together. We have been so blessed. Thank you to all of you who have been so willing to help. We have such great family and friends!
Here are some other random pics from the hospital.
Peyton's first bath
Going home!
21 comments:
She is beautiful Courtney!! Congratulations! Its so fun to be a mom and you are going to be an awesome one i just know it!!
Congratulations! She is darling!
I agree with Sadie Jo! She is so beautiful. I love that 1st picture. I am sorry that you had such a rough start. I had a feeling for some reason so that is why I asked today. I am glad that everything is ok now and that you are home. I would love to see her when you are up for visitors!
Congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS! She is so adorable. I am so glad that you were able to recover, and my goodness a blood transfusion, are you getting your energy back yet? Let me know if you need someone to come and hold her so you can do...whatever, or sleep!
Courtney,
Wow, I am so glad that everything went okay in the end. But don't you love those scary moments? I can't think too much about them, or I don't think I'd ever attempt to give birth again.
But can I just suggest to take all the iron you possibly can! Seriously, with that much blood and therefore iron loss, I really think it causes your hair to fall out worse than normal (if you remember our conversation).
But Peyton Jade is indeed beautiful. She is perfect! I think the name fits so well.
So when can I bring dinner? I really am serious. I would love to help in any way. I know exactly what those first days/weeks/months are like. I thought I might die of sleep deprivation and hormone adjustments, not to mention my beautiful post-pregnancy body and all of its issues. So please please let me know when I can help.
You have a beautiful family!
Congratulations! She is so adorable.
She really is gorgeous Court! It is all so traumatic isn't it? But so worth it. I am very happy for you and Joe.
Hooray--she is here! She is so adorable--I love her round little face. Congrats on the the good genes. :) I am so glad to have your blog address now. Hope you don't mind. :)
What a doll!! Congrats!!
Ok, honestly, she is a beautiful baby! She doesn't have any ugly baby looks to her. I can't wait to see more pictures!
Yay! I'm excited you were able to find some time to blog. I'm so excited she's here and can't wait to come back and hold her finally! She's so beautiful! Congrats again to both of you :)
oh she is so tiny and perfect. I can't wait to nuzzle her when we come home at Christmastime! Congrats Court and Joe! She's beautiful.
Yay! I've been waiting for this post!! She is such a cutie! Blood transfusion....Yeeps! You are a trooper. I'm so glad that both you and the baby are doing good. Congrats!!
-Oh and Kenna did see you at the hospital, she said you looked really cute and calm for checking into labor and delivery.
Can't wait for our girls to play....that is after all this swine flu business dies down.
It is such an exciting time of life! I'm way excited for you. She is so cute! Try and get some rest :)
Congrats!!! So happy all is well now. Sounds like you had some scary moments there! My sister had both her babies rushed out the room too and it was scary for me, and it wasn't even my baby!!!
Scary you had a blood transfusion too! Is that common?
Anyhow i am happy you are home now, thanks for sharing this speical moment with us! Scottie and I can't wait to meet her!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations!
She is so sweet!! Congrats to you guys. I hope you are starting to feel a little better! I am sorry to hear there were many scary moments during the delivery...having a baby is so intense! Rest as much as you can! Enjoy these precious moments when she is so small. They grow so fast!
She is gorgeous!!! I am actually jealous... A girl! I'm glad that she is ok and you are recovering. Take it easy- being a new mom is hard enough without the transfusion stuff ;0). I totally understand your anxiety when they whisked her away to the NICU- Jaren spent two weeks in the NICU when he was born and it was sooo hard. I am so happy for you all! She's a lucky girl to be coming to such wonderful parents!
YOU HAVE A CHILD!!!!!! A CHILD COURTNEY AND JOE!!!! We were wondering when she'd pop out. We are so excited to see her. Peyton manning bri likes to say. Original huh. Love you and congrats and YEA!!!
SORRY that comment from "Chase and Ashley" was from Us-Spence and Rach not them (they're our friends and must have signed onto out computer). ANywho.....CONGRATS!
WOW Court, that is quite the experience! I am still in a little bit of shock after reading all that you guys went through!!!! I am so grateful to hear everything turned out okay and that you are both home safe and sound! Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait to meet her!!!
I am so curious how everything else is going with all the other adjustments... sleep, breast feeding (if you are doing that)
Hope you are healing well and give Peyton a love from me! :)
Post a Comment