Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baby Update

No, no, no, I haven't had her yet. I can't believe tomorrow is the due date and I feel like I haven't progressed much. I had a Doctor appointment yesterday morning and come to find out I am still only dilated to a 1 and about 70% effaced. I've got a lot of work to do! The Doc was worried about my high blood pressure and sent me to the hospital to be monitored for a couple of hours. He had said if the blood pressure didn't come down that he would induce me this weekend. And so anxious and excited I headed over there. I got checked in, hooked up to all the machines, and laid in the bed for about an hour and a half. Thanks mom for coming and keeping me company. I would have been so bored! The machine checked my blood pressure every 15 minutes and monitored the baby's heart rate as well as my contractions during that time. I was having tons of contractions which were actually pretty painful (very new to me) so it really got my hopes up. Now that I think about it, it's probably just from being checked that morning. The nurse came in with good and bad news. She said the good news was that I was healthy and my blood pressure had dropped significantly, and the bad news was that I was probably going home. She checked me one last time and nothing had changed, so away I went. :( I had contractions the rest of the day, but then they started to be inconsistant and finally tapered off. And now NOTHING!!! So I am just impatiently waiting. I've already walked Ikea, the mall, and various other stores, as well as had my ankles rubbed to try and help. Tonight I will be getting a maternity massage to try and help move things along. I'm counting on you Alanna to work your magic :) I just hope this baby comes before Brit has to leave next Friday. That would be sad if she didnt. Oh man, too much pressure!

2 comments:

The ORR Family said...

Court...I need to see peyton in her little cheetah booties!!! You have to have for that to happen!!!

Just some motivation :)
love, miss and can't wait!

Scottie and Angie said...

YOU HAD HER!!! Congrats. Scottie and I were happy to hear that all went well.
Love ya
Angie