Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lost And Found!

You are never going to believe it, they found my car! I got a call the following day from an officer saying they had located my car. He said it appeared drivable and there was an officer there waiting for Joe and I to come pick it up. I thought my car would be just parked on the side of the road, but it happened to be in this neighborhood parked in a driveway behind a duplex. It was in this sketchy neighborhood which made me even more nervous. At first I thought it was parked at the thief's house, but luckily it wasn't. They had dumped it at some random location. The forensics were there taking fingerprint samples (since they were all over the car) and taking pictures of it. I was sick to see it and worried of what the damage might be, but luckily nothing was done to the body of the car. The sterio, dvd player, speaker system, and a few other random things were all taken from the car and something was jammed in the ignition switch to allow it to run without a key but there was no major damage. I was so bummed that I didn't have my camera to take pics for you all to see! Joe and I had to be fingerprinted as well to help determine the suspect. It was like a real crime scene. Ok, maybe not that cool but it was still super crazy. The thief was pretty dumb to leave fingerprints everywhere and even left the tools they used to disassemble everything still in the car. I guess the lady that was living in the duplex was working with a cop on a different matter and he just happened to call her that morning about her case. She told him "Oh by the way there is a random car parked in my driveway." And that's how it was found. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be found so that I could get a new car, but this really is better that I found it. We took the car to the body shop where they will repair the ignition switch and the ceiling fabric and she will look as good as new again. The insurance co is covering a pretty sweet rental car for me until I get my car back. We have to pay our $500 deductible which really stinks and purchase a new sterio, but I guess it is definitely better than a brand new car payment. The cops have a few suspects in mind and think they can link this to another auto theft that happened just days earlier and dumped in the same area. Hopefully they will catch the guy! What a crazy experience! Now we just need to get the alarm working again on it so that this doesn't happen again. Or move :)

6 comments:

The Cullimore's said...

Wow, that is crazy! Don't move, by the way, we would miss you guys!

Kara said...

good! i'm glad you found your car! I love that pic of you guys at the top of your blog. you are such a skinny minny!

The Dimond's You Love said...

Hahahhhahaahah! Or leave! Crazy town. P.S. My dreams always somehow come into play with real life-I worry about the day I become a mother! eek! haha, anyway moving-ya get Joe in on that one!!! =)

Merrells said...

Wow. Sounds like quite the adventure. I'm glad you got your car back. (:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got your car back. What a relief!

We would love to have you come over. We are blessing her on sunday so if you don't come before then you can see her at church. If you want to come over, please call before you come!

Scottie and Angie said...

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU GOT YOUR CAR BACK!!! That truly is amazing.
The Lord blesses good people.
love
Angie