Friday, March 28, 2008

Flashback Friday

I am going to copy Chantel's idea of flashback fridays. I have so many great funny memories of things that I did when I was younger and decided that some of them are totally blog worthy. I posted this picture of a big wheel, because I spent a lot of time when I was little on one of these bikes. I guess you could say I was a little deprived of gum as a child. My mom would rarely let us have any because she would find it stuck all over the house. So I decided I needed to resort to another way of finding this delicious chewy treat. My 2 friends and I would race up and down the street on our big wheels looking for gum that ended up on the road or side walk. We would gather every piece we could find that was anywhere from freshly chewed and discarded onto the ground, to smashed with tire tracks on them. We would peel them up and then combine them all together to make one large ball. We would then ride home and sneakily rush to the bathroom where we would divide our sticky ball into 3 chunks. One for each of us. Most of the time we would wash it with soap to make sure it was clean of course and to get all the rocks out, but other times we didn't. Then we would pop it in our mouths and chew! I would be so careful to make sure I wasn't chewing it in front of my mom, until one day I totally forgot. I went with my mom to the grocery store and came out chewing gum. My mom said, "where did you get that gum?!" I don't remember exactly what I had said but knew I found it somewhere in between the car and the store. Let's just say that was the last day I ever chewed ABC gum!

9 comments:

nana said...

OH! I still get creeped out thinking of that.

Britney said...

Ugh! You were such a gross little girl...haha! just teasin, you just did some gross things! But what great stories you have to tell now! (Maybe I'll have to copy your "Flashback Friday"). I love you Court...

Kurt Hal said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth

CVF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salty Gal said...

i love big wheels! but most of all i love your stories, you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

AH HAHA HA! I totally remember that day in the parking lot when you were busted by mom! I still tell that story, it's so gross!! Remember tipping our big wheels upside down and yelling "Ice cream! Who wants ice cream?" while spinning the wheel? Good times!

Carl said...

If there is one thing that was better than a big wheel to a 4 year old, it's abc gum. I think I remember scraping a delicious chunk of juicy fruit from the bottom of the church pews when my mom busted me. I don't know how I did it, because i am feeling nacious about it right now.

Carl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nana said...

awww, the innocence of youth.