Monday, February 18, 2008

He's finally here!

Daxton was born on February 14, around 7:15am. He was 6 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long! Joe and I received the phone call the night before around 11:00pm that Brit was going into labor. Being super excited, I jumped out of bed and Joe and I rushed to the hospital. Little did we know that he wouldn't come until the next morning. It was such a long night, but fun to be in each other's company and were able to fit in some good laughs, as we always do when we are all together. Brit did awesome! He is the cutest little thing! I can't get enough of him!!!! After an entire night of no sleep I was exhausted. I called into work and took the day off and then Joe and I slept until 2:30pm that day. Joe had to go to work and so my mom and I decided to go back to the hospital. We stayed for about an hour and then decided we'd better get home since we both had Valentine dinners to make. Joe and I ate a delicious steak dinner, and then settled on the couch to watch Lost. I can't say that I stayed awake during the entire thing, but it was still nice to spend time with my valentine! What a weird day, but super exciting! I love being an aunt!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy. You will love being an aunt. I adore my nieces and nephews. Kids are so fun.

Chantel said...

OHHHHH!! He's so darn cute! I wish I could hold him. It's fun that you were there when it all happened. The whole process is so amazing!