Saturday, August 28, 2010

10 Months


Dear Peyt,
Wow the month has flown by! I can't believe you are only 2 months away from your first birthday! You are cuter than ever these days. You have so much personality and it's been so fun to see that develop. You are still always standing up on furniture, but have now started to walk around them and even push the chairs across the kitchen floor. You are still a little wobbly on your feet but very determined to get to where you want to go. You will occasionally stand up and let go of whatever you are holding onto and just stand there on your own. That's been so exciting! I can't wait for you to take your first steps on your own.

You are still totally addicted to that binki of yours. If it is anywhere in the same room as you, you will always spot it. You squeal with excitement as you grab it and put it in your mouth. You would suck on it all day if I would let you. I've tried to take it away as much as possible but you always seem to manage to get it from wherever it is, most the time without me even knowing. You are so sneaky.

This month you said your first word, "Hi!" Although it is not Mom or Dad, it is so funny to hear you say it whenever you see me or anyone else in the house. It brings a smile to everyone's face. You like to scream it nice and loud. You will also hold the play phone that goes with your kitchen up over your shoulder, or a shoe, or even Nana's sunglasses as if you are talking on the phone and say "Hi!" You have also started to say "hot" because Dad and I are trying to teach you now that the fireplace is hot and is a no no so you won't touch it in the winter when it really is hot. You start to crawl towards it and as soon as you get up to it you look back at me because you know you are not supposed to touch it and then try to go for it before I can take you away. That's when you will respond with "hot!" Then you think it's a game and laugh and squeal and keep doing it. You do the same thing with the wall plugs.

Just this last week you got your first 2 bottom teeth! It's cute to see the little guys poking through. You haven't seemed too bothered by them yet. You will tap them on whatever you put in your mouth, and rub your tongue in and out on them.

You hate pureed food with chunks in it. You will eat strictly purees or solid food but do not like them mixed together. You cry and gag every time I try and get you to eat them. You also hate being put in your high chair and will usually cry until food enters your mouth. You are starting to dislike your formula more and more. You will usually only finish a bottle first thing in the morning or right before bed. But I don't blame you, formula is very yucky. Soon enough you will get to ditch that and do whole milk. I can't wait for that! You now hate your changing table and cry every time I lay you on it. Changing your diaper is such a struggle. I try and give you things to distract you and you will almost always throw them over the edge, say "oh oh" and then twist your body all the way over and then sit up bare bottom on the changing pad. You will do anything to get away.

Bath time is also a new struggle for me these days. You are so mobile and don't want to just sit in one spot and play with toys. You are all over the tub trying to climb the edges and get anything that is barely within reach. You don't stay on your little mat anymore so you are soooooo slippery! I have to keep hands on you at all times. You love when I do title wave with you in the tub and slide you back and forth from one end of the tub to the other. It makes lots of great waves, not to mention the tub gets a little cleaning itself from your little cheeks :)

You have many nick names these days, especially living with Papa. I think he comes up with a new one for you each day. Names like Puddin' Pop, Skeeter Eater, Skiddle Diddle, and anything else he can make rhyme.

You love playing with shoes, the dog toys (which drives Dad batty), pushing buttons on the cable remote, and dvd player, and sitting outside on a blanket with Dad and I prior to getting in the bath and ready for bed. I will be sad when summer ends and we can't do that anymore.

You are still such a talker and lately a screamer! I have no idea where that came from. I think you just like to hear yourself make noise. Your hair is still crazy crazy but no worries, one of these days it will finally be long enough to lay down.

I love you sweetheart!
Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Britney said...

Kisses Peyt!! Court you did an awesome job with these pictures. They are oh so cute and she is still to die for.

Angela Morton said...

She is just such a doll Court. She looks so much like Joe. So fun!

Ang Ballard said...

She is soooo precious! Ok- I've decided you need to just come out and have lunch with me one day... My boys (except Clay) are back in school, so let's play. Let me know if that will work for you and what days are good!

The Walkers said...

I'm so sorry we haven't done pictures yet!! I would still love to do them so give me a call if you do. Right now is the perfect time of year :)

Chrissy

Ang Ballard said...

Yay! Courtney let's try to do lunch either Tuesday or Thursday next week. Call me- 801.253.6360 ;0). And as far as getting the rest of us together... Greg and I will look at some dates and send you all a message! Thanks!

Cassie said...

She's so cute! I love the pictures you took! Way cute!!