Dear Peyton,
You are 9 months old! This month you really do seem like you are such a big girl. You are mobile now. It changes everything! We went to your doctor appointment this morning and you are now 19lbs 14 oz and 27.5 inches long. You are in the 70th percentile in weight (still chubby) and have dropped down to the 48th percentile in height. You shrunk! I wonder if you will turn out short like me, or just be average height. This was the most exciting doctor appointment for me because you didn't have to get shots. Little did I know you would still cry and cry every time the doctor tried to do the exam. He tried to give you one of those giant popsicle sticks they have, to hold and keep your hands busy, but you put your hands behind your back as he was trying to give it to you and wouldn't take it. He gave it to me and I handed it to you and of course you took it. You are so silly. I guess it's good you won't take things from strangers :)
You are into everything these days. Exploring everything around you. A couple of weeks ago I was working with you to try and get you to crawl and would move your legs while you moved your hands. A couple days later as I was packing up your room since we were moving in with Nana and Papa, you were on the other side of the room and out of the corner of my eye I noticed you coming towards me! You were crawling! I hopped up and got it all on tape. What did I get myself into? It now takes me twice as long to get ready for the day. It gets tricky trying to shower with you in the bathroom and trying to hurry up so I can keep you away from the toilet. Yuck! We have been at Nana and Papa's for about 2 weeks now and you love to get into all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen and pull everything out. You sure do keep me on my toes. You are now pulling yourself up to every piece of furniture you can get your little hands on.
You are still such a happy girl. You get comments from people every where you go about how cute you are. You will wave to everyone you see and are always clapping. Everything you do whether its good or trouble is followed with a clap. You are so proud.
We played with bubbles the other day and you weren't quite sure what to think of them. You would squint your eyes and flap your arms.
Dad gave you his dart from his dart gun to play with and it's your all time favorite chewing toy. Every time I turn around you have dug the dart out of your toy basket and have it stuck in your mouth. You continue on playing with other toys as it squeaks around in your mouth against your gums. It's hilarious!
You are such a jabbering queen. You jabber all day long but especially in the morning right when you wake up. Ever since we moved in with Nana and Papa you wake up between 7 and 7:30am. It's killing me! But I can't resist your enormous smile when I open your door dragging my feet half asleep and see you standing in your crib. You light up my life! I love you to pieces!
Love,
Mom
2 comments:
I love reading these, especially since I don't get to be around you guys all that often. She is so cute and she's growing up so fast-smart little girly. =)
She is such a doll! I feel bad that we haven't done anything in so long! We need to get together soon! I didn't know you moved, did you guys sell your condo?
Post a Comment