Tuesday, June 29, 2010

8 Months

Peyt,
I'm sitting here typing you this letter and just put you down for bed with your glow worm. I can hear you grunting and moving all around, and now you are sitting up peering over the side of the crib with an orange glow lighting up your face. I am amazed at where the time went! It's almost time to lower your crib mattress down a notch.

You are now extremely close to crawling! You are always getting on your hands and knees to reach whatever is around you and will crawl backwards but haven't quite figured out how to go forward yet. I know once you do, you will be busy busy!

You have quite the personality and keep me laughing on a daily basis. You have started to mimic Dad and I when we sneeze. It's so stinkin funny. You also do this thing where you put both arms in the air and then bring then down fast and clench your fists while saying "Ssssst." You will do it over and over. Makes me giggle.

Your hair is stick straight and stands on end. It's not so much a little Mohawk anymore as it is your entire head of hair poking straight up. I can't wait for it to be long enough to put little clips in so you don't always have to wear headbands. They make your head sweat and then your hair is super crazy when it comes off. You still have gorgeous blue eyes and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will stay that way.

Aunt Brit let you borrow her Jumperoo toy and you go crazy in it. You grab onto the sides and jump your heart out. I LOVE IT! The whole thing shakes and rattles and you always have a big grin on your face.


Your favorite book is the Usborne Touchy Feely Mermaids book. It has so many bright colors and textures to feel. You always run your hands all over the page starting from top to bottom.

Nana and I painted your toes for the first time this month and boy was that tricky. You were super wiggly. I got polish all over your toes and even on your clothes. Good thing it all washed off. The end result was so worth it. Your painted toes are so adorable! You get complements on them everywhere you go. You let Aunt Brit paint them for you this past week in St George and did so much better. We gave you a polish to suck on and you held real still almost the entire time. I could just eat your chubby feet! I love that we get to do girly things together and look forward to much more of that!






































You are my sunshine! I love you!
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

The Dimond's You Love said...

Holy adorable!!! I love that chunky orange toed foot! cute cute CUTE!!!

Britney said...

Gosh I love you peyter aider! Can't stand how you are so stinkin cute every time I see you. And I love your slobbery kisses you try to give me every time I say hello. Kisses from Aunt Brit. Mwah!

Vernos said...

ooo, you went super blonde! how fun! I want to see the whole thing. Peyton is a doll!

Cassie said...

I love, love her painted toe nails. I think I need to try it on my babe. My Mother-in-law got the Rain Coat pattern at a sewing shop called Gracie Lou's I think its in Salem. If your really interested I could probably just have her trace a copy, for you. I also picked up that hat pattern, but have been slacking. Maybe we should have a sew day!