Friday, August 28, 2009

San Diego

We decided to take one last vacation before Peyton arrives so Joe, Kristen, and I went to San Diego! My friend Kristen's parents have been there renting a house for the summer so we were able to stay with them. Thanks so much Earl and Elaine for letting us crash at your place! It was a much needed vacation and we had so much fun!

We flew out there last Thursday morning and stayed until Monday afternoon. Not a really long trip but we were able to cram it with lots of fun. We took a gazillion pictures and it was hard to narrow them down on which ones to post. So get ready for a long post!



We flew on JetBlue and I was so impressed with it! It was my first time flying with them and absolutely loved it! Tv screens were on each of the seats, and all the complementary snacks you want. Doesn't get any better than that!

We arrived there around noon and spent the rest of the day shopping at SeaPort Village, and Horton Plaza.

We had to stop at the hat shop. So many crazy hats. Check out the hair on Joe's. Yikes!







Look at the awesome kites!




Then Friday we were off to Seaworld. I had never been and had a lot of fun. All the animals crack me up.



It's Shamu!





















Try doing the bear crawl with a big belly. It's a little tricky.



We had the best ice cream cones ever! Vanilla soft serve in a sugar cone with whipped cream, strawberries, and nuts. Tasty!
We stayed all day until it closed hitting every show except the Cats and Dogs one. Those of you who know Joe wouldn't be surprised. He thought they shouldn't be a part of SeaWorld.

Saturday we decided to drive to Chantel and Carl's house and hang out with them as well as Brit and Greg. We had such a really good day full of lots of laughs. I miss my sisters!

Cute Milo! I got him laughing pretty good. I just wanna eat his fat cheeks!

Jax just waking from his nap. Such a cutie pie!

It just so happened that Tammy and Shauna (my cousins) ended up being in Cali that same weekend. So we all met up at Chantel's house for some major catching up and eating some delicious dinner. Thanks Chantel and Greg for preparing that! We haven't seen these girls forever! We had lots of belly achin' laughs. Good times!

Brian and Shauna

Tammy and I are exactly due one week apart with our baby girls. You would never know that she was that far along.

The girls

Sunday was Kristen's birthday! We spent it lounging on the beach.



My view from up above. Those toes are down there somewhere.





Joe was determined to hit at least one of the diner's he has seen on Diner's Drive in's and Dive's from the Food Network. So we made it to Studio Diner. For those of you who have seen the show do you recognize this pose? Joe's a goof.

Monday we went to the airport and boarded the plane for home. And that concludes it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I could go on vacay with you two. I love you guys! I'm sad I missed out on that yummy ice cream, but I would have made you go to the cats and dogs show.

Salty Gal said...

How fun, I'm way jealous :)

Good job for getting out, and cute getting Kristen to come with you

Awesome!

Blogger said...

This is Kristen's sister. First, your Sea World pics are fab. Unfortunately, the cat and dog show was the best show I saw at Sea World (I went the week before you did). The cats and dogs are rescue animals (even if they aren't sea creatures, that's pretty good). You really missed out. What a pity :)

Chantel said...

You snagged some great pics! That one of Jax is awesome! I'm so glad we got together with everyone! I'll post Milo's laugh so you can enjoy it over and over and over and over...

Can't wait to get our shop up and running!

The Dimond's You Love said...

I love it!!! I didn't even know you guys went, sad. I guess I don't get to see you guys too much to know what's new. I'm jealous you got to go to my favorite place, I love San Diego best of all the gang. I love all the pic's. You might have a bigger belly than your friend, but you are still a stick girl! =) Love ya

Merrells said...

What a fun trip and you have the cutest little belly. It's getting close!