Friday, February 27, 2009

Off to Sunshine and Blue Skies

I flew out to Los Angeles on the 18th to see my newest nephew Milo. Oh my gosh he is to die for! Sooo tiny. But first, I was going to see my brother Kolby who was returning from his mission that day. I woke up around 3:30 am to catch a 6:00 flight and arrived in LA around 7:30am. Kolby had a 4 hour layover in LA so it worked out perfectly since my family was in Cali that week visiting with Chantel and Carl. We all met at the airport and waited for Kolby's arrival. What a great reunion. So much fun to see him! He looked a little taller, but the same old kid. We spent the morning at the airport visiting and somewhat catching up, and then Kolby and my dad flew the rest of the way to SLC where Joe, and my other brothers would be there to welcome Kolby home.

Crew and Jax. They were so big! I haven't seen them for over a year.


Dax & Brit hanging out at the airport waiting Kolby's arrival


There he is!!!


Me and my younger bro. I can't believe how tall he is!


Welcome home Kolby! We missed you!

I stayed with my mom and Brit and it was back to Temecula to spend the weekend in sunshine and blue skies. We went to the park, rode some 4 wheelers (which I have never done before and were such a blast!), went to the Iron Wok to celebrate Chantel's birthday, and hung out around their house to help out with the kids and new baby Milo. Such a fun few days to relax and visit. Not to mention the weather was the absolute best!


Here is Milo. Chantel's friend that does bluelilyphotography took these pics. Isn't she amazing? I am so in love with her work!



Thanks Chantel for letting me steal these from your blog :)


Chantel and Milo


Taking a nap after a long exciting morning


Lunch in the park. The sun felt sooooo good.

Don't you think it's funny how kids eat their sandwiches only in the middle?


Jax in the sand


Doing spider on the swing. I love swinging!

Jax enjoying his juice

Riding the 4-wheelers. Those kids are dare devils on those things. I laughed so much! Such a blast! Thanks Carl!

Happy Birthday Chantel!


And then it was off to home. Mom, Brit, Dax and I piled in the car and made the 11 hour trek home. Poor Dax never wanted to get in his seat again. Such a fun trip. Thanks Chantel and Carl for letting us come! We had so much fun and will miss you. Hope to see you again this summer!

6 comments:

Salty Gal said...

that was like the longest post ever :) it looks like you had an awesome time...I love the picture of you guys taking a nap - so cute!

Chantel said...

You took some great pictures! I'm so glad you had a great time! Next time we'll visit you on your turf - and hopefully I'll look skinnier and better rested! hehehee

Ang Ballard said...

He is so precious! And I love your dress in your picture in your header (that sounded weird?). So cute!

Kara said...

Wow! Kolby looks like a man! he was always the little guy who walked on his toes :) Welcome home! Your new little nephew is so precious! Congrats Chantel! Looks like you guys are doing well and having lots of fun stuff going on in your family :)

Sharon and John said...

i love those pics of your nephew, he is so cute. it looks like you guys had so much fun together. isn't family the best.

Scottie and Angie said...

looks like you had so much fun!!! I love seeing you asleep with the kids, that was too cute!