Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Festivities

I've been putting off this post because I always seem to get so overwhelmed by all the pics I end up taking of Christmas. But I will just hunker down and get er done. So here it is, Christmas eve spent with my fam. None of us took the gingerbread house making competition lightly and spent the night battling it out for first place. I was totally amazed at what we all came up with. We are no rookies when it comes to this stuff. Creativity runs in our blood. Ryan and Ashley took home the grand prize with their fancy schmancy race car.

Joe and I started out making our own. Him the big cargo ship and me the small car with the tree on top. I realized I didn't even have a shot at winning with my little creation so we plunked her down on the cargo ship. Perfect touch. I think it turned out pretty cool!

The winners!

Kolby and Dustin concocked a ship with stringing Christmas lights. My favorite part.

Due to Daxton's current obsession with trains, Brit and Greg were told they had to make a train station. It turned out pretty amazing. This picture seriously doesn't do it justice. I was pretty much amazed!

Papa read "The Polar Express" to the kids while us grown ups took over the competition.

Peyt in her Christmas outfit. I could just kiss those cheeks!

The kids opened jammies and Peyt also got a Xmas story to read before bed. I'll admit this book is a little too old for her and probably more for me, but I just LOVE Fancy Nancy!!

Dax and Peyt posing in their new jammies. Peyt always sits on the floor and folds her arms after she gets her jammies on, ready for family prayer. So Dax sat next to her and copied her for the pic. She's so funny!

Christmas Morning....
Santa came and left a lot of really great stuff! Peyton was on cloud 9. It was a blast watching her reaction to everything.








Christmas part 2....
We celebrate Christmas with Joe's mom the day after Christmas. It works out perfectly so we aren't so rushed all day Christmas day and plus it drags the celebrating out another day. I love it!





Peyt got a little stool that is just her size. She played on it all night long.





We got these lamps that I just LOVE! It's amazing the difference a set of lamps can make to the ambiance of your room. I love how cozy it feels now! (nevermind the inch of dust that settled onto my nightstand. I really need to clean that. How embarrassing!)

We had such a great holiday spending time with lots of family, eating way too much delicious food, and celebrating the birth of our Savior. I love this time of year when everyone becomes totally selfless, completely focused on others, just as the Savior exemplified his entire life. Such an amazing holiday!

1 comment:

The Dimond's You Love said...

Love all the pictures, Peyt has the best "Surprise!" face!